SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A 54-year-old Harrison man died after running in the Sleepy Hollow Halloween 10K on Saturday, Sleepy Hollow Police Chief Gregory Camp confirmed.
Stephen Gates collapsed during the Sleepy Hollow Manor portion of the race, which took place through Sleepy Hollow. Gates was taken to Phelps Memorial Hospital and later pronounced dead.
The 10K course took hundreds of runners from Beekman Avenue to the inner-village, up Pocantico Street to the Philipse Manor neighborhood, up Bellwood Avenue to the Sleepy Hollow Manor neighborhood and back down to Kingsland Point Park before ending at Winfield L. Morse Elementary School.
Check back later for more updates on this story.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 Harrison's Manhattanville Dance Concert Starts Nov. 20