SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – A 54-year-old Harrison man died after running in the Sleepy Hollow Halloween 10K on Saturday, Sleepy Hollow Police Chief Gregory Camp confirmed.
Stephen Gates collapsed during the Sleepy Hollow Manor portion of the race, which took place through Sleepy Hollow. Gates was taken to Phelps Memorial Hospital and later pronounced dead.
The 10K course took hundreds of runners from Beekman Avenue to the inner-village, up Pocantico Street to the Philipse Manor neighborhood, up Bellwood Avenue to the Sleepy Hollow Manor neighborhood and back down to Kingsland Point Park before ending at Winfield L. Morse Elementary School.
Check back later for more updates on this story.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Bar Scuffle Puts Harrison Police, Town Board At Odds
- 3 Harrison Woman Walks In Memory Of Son Who Died Of Cancer
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Harrison's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend