YONKERS, N.Y. -- UPDATED 1:15 P.M. A 23-year-old Yonkers man was shot and killed just before 2 a.m. on Thursday on the west side of the city, according to police.
Rodney Saunders sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was found near 220 Woodworth Avenue. He was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
A second victim, a 54-year-old male Yonkers resident, refused to be treated at the scene for a superficial graze wound, police said.
The Detective Division processed the scene and they are actively investigating this incident at this time.
The division is attempting to determine a possible motive for this shooting and it appears at this time that this was not a random incident, and the deceased victim may have been targeted.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at (914) 377-7724, all calls will remain confidential. Anonymous tips can also be sent to the YPD tip 411 anonymous texting program by texting the key word “YPD” plus the tip to 847411.
- 1 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 2 Jeanine Pirro's Home In Harrison Listed By Coldwell Banker Agent
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Harrison Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester