HARRISON, N.Y. – A 19-year-old East Hartford, Conn., resident was stopped by Harrison police for speeding and then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana – a violation.
The man was driving “at a high rate of speed” near exit 25 on the Hutchinson River Parkway on Nov. 17 at 12:55 a.m. When officers approached the car to question him, they smelled “a very strong odor of marijuana emanating from the vehicle,” police said.
While searching the car, they found “a small clear bag of marijuana.” The driver was charged with the violation plus given a summons for speeding.
- 1 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison
- 4 Harrison Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways