HARRISON, N.Y. – A 19-year-old East Hartford, Conn., resident was stopped by Harrison police for speeding and then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana – a violation.
The man was driving “at a high rate of speed” near exit 25 on the Hutchinson River Parkway on Nov. 17 at 12:55 a.m. When officers approached the car to question him, they smelled “a very strong odor of marijuana emanating from the vehicle,” police said.
While searching the car, they found “a small clear bag of marijuana.” The driver was charged with the violation plus given a summons for speeding.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Passenger Throws Heroin Out Of Car Window, Say Harrison Police
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 4 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 5 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers