HARRISON, N.Y. – A 19-year-old East Hartford, Conn., resident was stopped by Harrison police for speeding and then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana – a violation.
The man was driving “at a high rate of speed” near exit 25 on the Hutchinson River Parkway on Nov. 17 at 12:55 a.m. When officers approached the car to question him, they smelled “a very strong odor of marijuana emanating from the vehicle,” police said.
While searching the car, they found “a small clear bag of marijuana.” The driver was charged with the violation plus given a summons for speeding.
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 Harrison High School Ranks Among New York State's Best
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Storm System Departs Harrison, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Harrison