PURCHASE, N.Y. - A fire in Purchase temporarily forced a family from its home Thursday morning.
Purchase firefighters said the fire, which started in the attic of a home at 16 New St. at approximately 2:20 a.m., was caused by a nail that punctured an electrical line for a central air conditioning unit.
No injuries were reported, and the family expects to be able to return to the house, which sustained smoke damage, in a couple of days.
Further details were not available Friday afternoon.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.