HARRISON, N.Y. – A Rye man was charged in Harrison with unlawful possession of marijuana after he was pulled over for driving without a seatbelt, Harrison police said.
After stopping the car on Halstead Avenue and asking for the driver's information, an officer smelled "the strong, pungent odor of marijuana emanating" from the car, the report said.
When asked if he had any marijuana in the car, the man gave the officer a cigarette with marijuana inside, police said.
The driver was then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and received a summons for not wearing a seatbelt. He did not "appear to be under the influence of any alcohol, drug or substance," police said.
The man was allowed to drive the vehicle home and is to appear Jan. 29 in Harrison Town Court.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale
- 5 Harrison Youth Council Honors Family Counselor Sabina Perez