HARRISON, N.Y. – A Rye man was charged in Harrison with unlawful possession of marijuana after he was pulled over for driving without a seatbelt, Harrison police said.
After stopping the car on Halstead Avenue and asking for the driver's information, an officer smelled "the strong, pungent odor of marijuana emanating" from the car, the report said.
When asked if he had any marijuana in the car, the man gave the officer a cigarette with marijuana inside, police said.
The driver was then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and received a summons for not wearing a seatbelt. He did not "appear to be under the influence of any alcohol, drug or substance," police said.
The man was allowed to drive the vehicle home and is to appear Jan. 29 in Harrison Town Court.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Harrison On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Professor, 63, Charged With Public Lewdness By Harrison Police
- 4 Harrison Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim