HARRISON, N.Y. – A Rye man was charged in Harrison with unlawful possession of marijuana after he was pulled over for driving without a seatbelt, Harrison police said.
After stopping the car on Halstead Avenue and asking for the driver's information, an officer smelled "the strong, pungent odor of marijuana emanating" from the car, the report said.
When asked if he had any marijuana in the car, the man gave the officer a cigarette with marijuana inside, police said.
The driver was then charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and received a summons for not wearing a seatbelt. He did not "appear to be under the influence of any alcohol, drug or substance," police said.
The man was allowed to drive the vehicle home and is to appear Jan. 29 in Harrison Town Court.
- 1 Hochman Sisters' Funeral Arrangements, Services Announced
- 2 Harrison Community Sets Up Memorial Fund For Alissa, Deanna Hochman
- 3 Mourners Gather In Harrison, Seeking Solace After Hochman Shooting Deaths
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Hochman Sisters Of Harrison During Calling Hours
- 5 Bishop Asks Harrison To Recall Hochman Sisters' Goodness At Funeral