Update, 11 a.m.
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale, according to a report on LoHud.com.
State police released Peterson's name after notifying his family, the report said.
Check back to Daily Voice for more information as it becomes available.
Original report, 9 a.m.
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- An unidentified man died after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge on Wednesday morning around 5:30 a.m., according to LoHud.com.
The man was reportedly pulled from the water by police and rushed to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla after jumping from the middle of the bridge.
According to News 12, an abandoned SUV was found on the north side of the bridge.
- 1 Harrison Eighth Graders Shave Heads In Support Of Brother, Friend
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Harrison On Wednesday
- 3 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale