Update, 11 a.m.
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale, according to a report on LoHud.com.
State police released Peterson's name after notifying his family, the report said.
Check back to Daily Voice for more information as it becomes available.
Original report, 9 a.m.
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- An unidentified man died after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge on Wednesday morning around 5:30 a.m., according to LoHud.com.
The man was reportedly pulled from the water by police and rushed to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla after jumping from the middle of the bridge.
According to News 12, an abandoned SUV was found on the north side of the bridge.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 3 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 4 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 5 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member