HARRISON, N.Y. – Longtime Harrison resident and community leader Joseph Cannella will be appointed deputy supervisor at Thursday's Town Board meeting.
"If the mayor is unable to act, he [the deputy supervisor] does," said Town Clerk Jackie Greer.
Cannella has served in various town organizations, such as the Little League, Babe Ruth League, Planning Board and town/village boards.
The position changes every year and is appointed by the mayor. Councilman Stephen Malfitano held the position in 2012.
Most of Thursday night's meeting will involve reappointing various town and village officials, including Gerry Salvo as superintendent of recreation and Anthony Marraccini as chief of police.
The meeting will take place at 7:30 in the Municipal Building.
- 1 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case