HARRISON, N.Y. – Longtime Harrison resident and community leader Joseph Cannella will be appointed deputy supervisor at Thursday's Town Board meeting.
"If the mayor is unable to act, he [the deputy supervisor] does," said Town Clerk Jackie Greer.
Cannella has served in various town organizations, such as the Little League, Babe Ruth League, Planning Board and town/village boards.
The position changes every year and is appointed by the mayor. Councilman Stephen Malfitano held the position in 2012.
Most of Thursday night's meeting will involve reappointing various town and village officials, including Gerry Salvo as superintendent of recreation and Anthony Marraccini as chief of police.
The meeting will take place at 7:30 in the Municipal Building.
- 1 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 Harrison Mayor Reflects On Hochman Tragedy, Town Events
- 4 Brothers Sentenced In Robbery Spree That Included Harrison
- 5 Harrison Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm