WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo is publicly paying Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino no mind. In fact, Cuomo has yet to even mention the Republican gubernatorial candidate's name in public, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Other members of the Democratic Party, however, have placed attack ads on television and accused Astorino of being an absentee county executive, The Wall Street Journal reported.
In response, Astorino and his camp have attacked the governor and his policies in an attempt to coax him out of his silent strategy. Political strategists told The Wall Street Journal that both tactics are simply politics as usual.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Harrison On Wednesday
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale