WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo is publicly paying Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino no mind. In fact, Cuomo has yet to even mention the Republican gubernatorial candidate's name in public, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Other members of the Democratic Party, however, have placed attack ads on television and accused Astorino of being an absentee county executive, The Wall Street Journal reported.
In response, Astorino and his camp have attacked the governor and his policies in an attempt to coax him out of his silent strategy. Political strategists told The Wall Street Journal that both tactics are simply politics as usual.
- 1 Harrison High Grads 'Are Braver Than You Believe, Smarter Than You Think'
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway