WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo is publicly paying Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino no mind. In fact, Cuomo has yet to even mention the Republican gubernatorial candidate's name in public, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Other members of the Democratic Party, however, have placed attack ads on television and accused Astorino of being an absentee county executive, The Wall Street Journal reported.
In response, Astorino and his camp have attacked the governor and his policies in an attempt to coax him out of his silent strategy. Political strategists told The Wall Street Journal that both tactics are simply politics as usual.
- 1 Professor, 63, Charged With Public Lewdness By Harrison Police
- 2 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 3 Harrison Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester