HARRISON, N.Y. – More than $6,000 will be dispersed to various Harrison organizations from the Harrison Festival Japanese Committee.
The organizations receiving the money will be announced at Wednesday night’s Town Board meeting in a letter from the Harrison Festival Japanese Committee.
The money comes from funds of the Harrison Festival on Columbus Day and Japanese families and businesses. The recipients include the Harrison Public Library ($1,650), Harrison Recreation Center ($1,100) and Harrison Central School District ($1,300).
The Harrison Police Association and Fire Department were both given $500 each.
Also at the meeting, Ross Halperin will give a presentation concerning the Harrison Public Library.
The Town/Village Board meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Municipal Building.
- 1 Monitor Rejects Harrison's Affordable Housing Defense
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Harrison, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Harrison
- 5 Harrison Mayor Ron Belmont Plugs Alert System During Foul Weather