HARRISON, N.Y. – More than $6,000 will be dispersed to various Harrison organizations from the Harrison Festival Japanese Committee.
The organizations receiving the money will be announced at Wednesday night’s Town Board meeting in a letter from the Harrison Festival Japanese Committee.
The money comes from funds of the Harrison Festival on Columbus Day and Japanese families and businesses. The recipients include the Harrison Public Library ($1,650), Harrison Recreation Center ($1,100) and Harrison Central School District ($1,300).
The Harrison Police Association and Fire Department were both given $500 each.
Also at the meeting, Ross Halperin will give a presentation concerning the Harrison Public Library.
The Town/Village Board meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Municipal Building.
- 1 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison
- 5 Harrison Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday