WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Democrats have voiced their support to raise the legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products to 19, according to LoHud.com.
Westchester legislators chose 19 in an effort to keep cigarettes out of high schools and to garner maximum support for the proposal. New York City and Suffolk county recently enacted laws that raised the legal age to purchase tobacco to 21, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 D'Agostino Closes Its Last Supermarket In Westchester
- 2 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 3 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 4 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd