HARRISON, N.Y. – Dozens of Harrison High School students were recently recognized at a regional competition involving future business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Attending the Regional DECA business competition were 41 Harrison students, according to a statement from the Harrison school district, which said that 33 received awards in various business competitions.
A majority of the students will move on to statewide competition, the school district said, adding that 17 students who did not have to attend the regionals have written papers and will be presenting there ideas at the state competition from March 8-10 in Rochester.
“Harrison students succeeded both academically in their competitions and socially, meeting new people and making impressions on professionals from various fields of business," said Joe Santo, who along with Deirdre McQuinllan, serves as a Harrison High School DECA Club advisor.
Much of the regional competition involved written examinations and live-action role playing, according to the school district, which said that the top four students in each category were awarded the opportunity to move on to the state competition.
Students from Westchester, Rockland and Orange counties participated in the regionals.
Those recognized from Harrison include:
First Place Winners:
- Restaurant and Food Service Management - Brett Silber
- Accounting Applications - Spencer Danzig
- Principles of Marketing - Josh Cooper
- Job Interview - Will Marriott
- Sales Demonstration - Krizia Franciosa
- Visual Merchandising - Erin Nelson
Team Events (First Place):
- Business Law and Ethics - Grant Muller and Lauren Nielsen
- Buying & Merchandising - Adam Eljamal and Matthew Schwartz
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing - Alex Kaplan and Sammy Kaplan
- Travel & Tourism - Darin Iraj and Jarred Schnapp
Second Place Winners:
- Personal Financial Literacy- Matthew Griff
- Retail Merchandising - Ally Huhne
- Food Marketing - Anisa Naddschar
- Apparel & Accessories Marketing - Kevin Allegretti
- Principles of Business Management & Administration - Matt Cooper
- Principles of Finance - Zach Greif
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.