HARRISON, N.Y. The Harrison Board of Education approved two out-of-state trips for the Harrison High School Debate team at their April 18 meeting.
The first trip will be to Baltimore, Md. where students will compete at the NCFL National Championship Debate Tournament. Students will depart Harrison at 1 p.m. on Friday, May 25 and return at 6 p.m. on Monday, May 28. The second trip will take the debate team to Indianapolis, Ind., where they will participate in the NFL National Championship Debate Tournament. Students leave Harrison at noon on Saturday, June 9 and return the following Saturday, June 16 at 7 p.m.
Other news from the April 18 BOE Meeting :
- The BOE approved appropriation transfers for the 2011-12 school year.
- They also approved a resolution to pay the school district in Irvington $1,078.49 for health services that the district provided to one student who is a Harrison resident.
- The BOE approved the 2012-13 property tax report card on the recommendation of Superintendent Louis Wool.
- The BOE also authorized paying $32,315 from the compensated absence reserve fund for health insurance payments for past retirees.
- The BOE voted to hire Angel Rodriguez as a substitute cleaner for $13 an hour.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.