HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Debate Team captured its 10th and 11th championships recently, winning the novice Lincoln-Douglas division of the Horace Mann tournament and the Scarsdale High School’s regional tournament.
Freshman Adam Eljamal was the winner at both events. In the Varsity division, sophomore Ella Eisinger had breakout success at Scarsdale and reached quarterfinals (Top 8) and was named the Tournament’s 4th Speaker.
The Harrison High School debate team has had 11 tournament wins and seven runner-up finishes in the first half of the season.
Other award-winners at Horace Mann included: Madeline Rawson, Raffi Piliero, Kate Ryan and Leslie An.
Scarsdale award-winners were: Raffi Piliero, Matt Zinman, Amr El-Azizi, Sammi O’Reilly, Jack Wilson, Madeline Rawson, Elyssa Alfieri and Amy Geller.
Sixteen of the team’s members will be competing at the Harvard University Tournament on President’s Day weekend.
- 1 Harrison Luncheonette Owner Credits Loyal Customers As Key To Success
- 2 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans