HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Debate Team captured its 10th and 11th championships recently, winning the novice Lincoln-Douglas division of the Horace Mann tournament and the Scarsdale High School’s regional tournament.
Freshman Adam Eljamal was the winner at both events. In the Varsity division, sophomore Ella Eisinger had breakout success at Scarsdale and reached quarterfinals (Top 8) and was named the Tournament’s 4th Speaker.
The Harrison High School debate team has had 11 tournament wins and seven runner-up finishes in the first half of the season.
Other award-winners at Horace Mann included: Madeline Rawson, Raffi Piliero, Kate Ryan and Leslie An.
Scarsdale award-winners were: Raffi Piliero, Matt Zinman, Amr El-Azizi, Sammi O’Reilly, Jack Wilson, Madeline Rawson, Elyssa Alfieri and Amy Geller.
Sixteen of the team’s members will be competing at the Harvard University Tournament on President’s Day weekend.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Harrison
- 5 Christmas Light Shows Are Spreading Holiday Spirit In Westchester