HARRISON, N.Y. -- Students from Harrison's Parsons Elementary School were recently treated to a unique musical showcase from the Percussion Performance Players from Japan.
Kazuhiro Akiba, Naruo Kimura, Yuuka Motoda, Kodue Yamaguchi and Kazunori captivated the students with their use of unusual instruments, complex rhythms and dynamic showmanship.
Students were also able to join in the performance by testing their skills on the instruments as well as contributing their own beats and movements.
“The concert was engaging and a lot of fun,” Principal Mark Woodard said in a statement. “It was meaningful for our students on a number of levels, as they were able to see a former student return to Parsons in this platform.”
- 1 More Than 1,000 Attend Slain Sisters' Funeral In Harrison
- 2 Bishop Asks Harrison To Recall Hochman Sisters' Goodness At Funeral
- 3 Hundreds Pay Respects To Hochman Sisters Of Harrison During Calling Hours
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash