HARRISON, N.Y. -- Students from Harrison's Parsons Elementary School were recently treated to a unique musical showcase from the Percussion Performance Players from Japan.
Kazuhiro Akiba, Naruo Kimura, Yuuka Motoda, Kodue Yamaguchi and Kazunori captivated the students with their use of unusual instruments, complex rhythms and dynamic showmanship.
Students were also able to join in the performance by testing their skills on the instruments as well as contributing their own beats and movements.
“The concert was engaging and a lot of fun,” Principal Mark Woodard said in a statement. “It was meaningful for our students on a number of levels, as they were able to see a former student return to Parsons in this platform.”
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud