HARRISON, N.Y. -- Students from Harrison's Parsons Elementary School were recently treated to a unique musical showcase from the Percussion Performance Players from Japan.
Kazuhiro Akiba, Naruo Kimura, Yuuka Motoda, Kodue Yamaguchi and Kazunori captivated the students with their use of unusual instruments, complex rhythms and dynamic showmanship.
Students were also able to join in the performance by testing their skills on the instruments as well as contributing their own beats and movements.
“The concert was engaging and a lot of fun,” Principal Mark Woodard said in a statement. “It was meaningful for our students on a number of levels, as they were able to see a former student return to Parsons in this platform.”
- 1 Harrison Residents Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Quenas In Harrison Reviewed By The New York Times
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director