HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison High School Majorettes took first place in the club's "Dance Twirl" competition in Smithtown, N.Y.
The Harrison team competed alongside nationally and internationally ranked teams and soloists, representatives said.
“I learned that when we work together and listen to each other, we’re stronger than ever," said team captain Rebecca Oestreicher. "I think the team will benefit from this because we were able to see a variety of different skills which we can use as inspiration for ourselves in the future.”
Co-captain Sarah Camillone said her favorite part of the "Dance Twirl" competition in Smithtown was seeing other twirlers.
"We rarely see other twirlers during games so it was really exciting and intriguing to see other people doing what we love," said Camillone. "I was very proud of our team for trying something new, even if it seemed intimidating.”
The Harrison majorettes performed on Monday, March 17, in the New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade.
The group will travel with the Harrison High School Marching Band, Color Guard, Chorus, Orchestra and Dance programs to perform at Disneyworld from April 2-6.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Harrison On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Harrison
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim