HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison High School Footlight Players have received 12 Metropolitan High School Theater Award nominations for the spring production of "A Chorus Line."
The awards "shine a spotlight on the exceptional musical theater productions, talented actors and actresses, and devoted creative teams who take to the stage every spring in the local high schools of Rockland and Westchester Counties in New York and Bergen County in New Jersey," representatives said in a press release.
The awards ceremony is scheduled for June 2 at Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains. As part of the Outstanding Overall Production nomination, the Harrison High School cast will perform a number from "A Chorus Line" during the ceremony.
"The nominations for the spectacular cast, crew, and faculty include Outstanding Overall Production, Best Musical Direction and Best Choreography, three awards that Harrison won last year for their production of Crazy for You," school officials said in a press release.
The following are the 12 nominations the production received, according to the release:
- Outstanding Overall Production: “A Chorus Line”
- Best Direction: Debbie Toteda
- Best Musical Direction: Lynn Fusco
- Best Choreography: Debbie Toteda
- Outstanding Instrumentalist: Alex Spanos (Percussion)
- Outstanding Production Number: “At The Ballet”
- Outstanding Duet: Alex Tosto (Al) and Sarah Crozier (Kristine)
- Outstanding Vocal Performance: Roma Scarano (Diana)
- Outstanding Dance Performance: Lucas Pettinato (Mike)
- Outstanding Acting Performance, male: Troy Tripicchio (Paul)
- Best Featured Ensemble: “At the Ballet” – Dancers: Rebecca Bell, Andrea Bolivar, Silvia Buonocore, Gabriella Casella, Brooke Chaco, Allie Coonin, Julia Di Lorenzo, Nicole Ferrara, Taylor Graustein, Emily Gunther, Cassidy Marriot, Samantha Miles, Felicia Prignano, Gianna Prignano, Laura Sosa
- Outstanding Technical Merit: Noah Platte (stage manager/lighting supervisor/house manager)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.