HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison-Mamaroneck Rotary Club has announced that Harrison High School senior John Pecini is the Student of the Month for January.
Students from either Mamaroneck or Harrison are selected each month from submitted applications for the program and are recognized for academic achievements and service to community, representatives said. Students are chosen, through their written essays, as individuals who exemplify the true Rotary spirit of “Service Above Self,” representatives said.
Pecini was recognized at a Rotary luncheon and will be added to the pool of each month’s winners for “Student of the Year” honors. Students may receive $1,000 scholarships at the end of the year.
- 1 Police Investigating Reports Of Shots Fired In Harrison
- 2 Voters Say Purchase Free Library Should Not Be Evicted From Community House
- 3 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 Rough Rides Abound After Brutal Winter Takes Toll On Westchester Roads