HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison-Mamaroneck Rotary Club has announced that Harrison High School senior John Pecini is the Student of the Month for January.
Students from either Mamaroneck or Harrison are selected each month from submitted applications for the program and are recognized for academic achievements and service to community, representatives said. Students are chosen, through their written essays, as individuals who exemplify the true Rotary spirit of “Service Above Self,” representatives said.
Pecini was recognized at a Rotary luncheon and will be added to the pool of each month’s winners for “Student of the Year” honors. Students may receive $1,000 scholarships at the end of the year.
- 1 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 2 Supermarket Settlement Tops Week's News Around Westchester
- 3 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 4 Choking Hazard Prompts Kraft Singles Recall
- 5 Long Island Man Found Drunk, Passed Out In Scarsdale Driveway, Police Say