HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison-Mamaroneck Rotary Club has announced that Harrison High School senior John Pecini is the Student of the Month for January.
Students from either Mamaroneck or Harrison are selected each month from submitted applications for the program and are recognized for academic achievements and service to community, representatives said. Students are chosen, through their written essays, as individuals who exemplify the true Rotary spirit of “Service Above Self,” representatives said.
Pecini was recognized at a Rotary luncheon and will be added to the pool of each month’s winners for “Student of the Year” honors. Students may receive $1,000 scholarships at the end of the year.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 4 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 5 Clintons Make First Joint Public Appearance Since Hillary Enters Race