HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Danny DeBois won the Lincoln-Douglas National Tournament of Champions held in Lexington, Ky recently.
DeBois is the first Lincoln-Douglas debater from New York to win the Tournament of Champions in 25 years and only the fifth from the Empire State to ever win the event.
To qualify, students must win or reach elimination rounds at a minimum of two highly competitive tournaments during the regular debate season. The top 90-100 debaters from around the nation compete in the tournament.
DeBois previously placed in the top 16 as a sophomore and placed 6th as a junior in the tournament.
- 1 Hochman Sisters' Funeral Arrangements, Services Announced
- 2 Harrison Community Sets Up Memorial Fund For Alissa, Deanna Hochman
- 3 Mourners Gather In Harrison, Seeking Solace After Hochman Shooting Deaths
- 4 Harrison Vigil To Remember Slain Hochman Sisters
- 5 State Police Warn Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam