HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Danny DeBois won the Lincoln-Douglas National Tournament of Champions held in Lexington, Ky recently.
DeBois is the first Lincoln-Douglas debater from New York to win the Tournament of Champions in 25 years and only the fifth from the Empire State to ever win the event.
To qualify, students must win or reach elimination rounds at a minimum of two highly competitive tournaments during the regular debate season. The top 90-100 debaters from around the nation compete in the tournament.
DeBois previously placed in the top 16 as a sophomore and placed 6th as a junior in the tournament.
- 1 Harrison Residents Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Quenas In Harrison Reviewed By The New York Times
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed