HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Danny DeBois won the Lincoln-Douglas National Tournament of Champions held in Lexington, Ky recently.
DeBois is the first Lincoln-Douglas debater from New York to win the Tournament of Champions in 25 years and only the fifth from the Empire State to ever win the event.
To qualify, students must win or reach elimination rounds at a minimum of two highly competitive tournaments during the regular debate season. The top 90-100 debaters from around the nation compete in the tournament.
DeBois previously placed in the top 16 as a sophomore and placed 6th as a junior in the tournament.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Harrison Tuesday
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show