HARRISON, N.Y. – Harrison students should expect to see new faculty and staff members in the hallways and classrooms on Tuesday as well as various changes throughout the buildings.
A major change due to the expansion of the fitness center, which now incorporates the renovated high school wrestling room, is that wrestling team practices will now take place at Louis M. Klein Middle School.
While Wool said that Harrison deals with “very limited resources,” they are able to do a “great deal because we have skilled craftsman on staff.”
Three science labs were added to the high school as well, which makes a total of seven in a three-year period, said Wool. A new air conditioned space in the high school cafeteria was also worked on and will allow for students taking Regents exams to not swelter in the heat or during other activities.
Other changes include a now fully air conditioned Parsons Elementary library, which has a new technology lab for students. Parsons, the oldest school in the district, also has new lights in the gym and tiles in the cafeteria.
As for the new faces that students will see, the school district hired 12 new full-time members of the faculty and staff.
“We’ve recruited widely across New York State and are really excited about the quality of the teachers we’re bringing in, some who are new to the profession, others that come with many years of experience," said Brian Ladewig, assistant superintendent for human resources. "So it’s a diverse group of teachers with a lot of talent.”
The new appointments are:
• Lynn Holcomb, supervisor of elementary education.
• Timothy Poole-DiSalvo, a part-time physical education teacher throughout the school district.
• Erin Roy, a substitute teacher at Samuel J. Preston Elementary School.
• Christine Catapano, a substitute teacher at Harrison High School.
• Robyn Levy, a teacher at Purchase Elementary School.
• Marissa Lifrieri, a special education teacher at Harrison Avenue Elementary School.
• Linda Warsaw, an ESL teacher at Louis M. Klein Middle School.
• Lindsay Volpe, a guidance counselor at Louis M. Klein Middle School.
• Catherine Egan, a teacher at Parsons Memorial Elementary School.
• Stephanie Clendenin, a part-time ESL teacher at Purchase Elementary School.
• Kayla Hauck, a substitute teacher at Parsons Memorial Elementary School.
• Alison Holt, a substitute teacher at Harrison High School.
There were also four resignations:
• Angela Baez, teacher at Purchase Elementary School, effective Aug. 31.
• Rosalba Fazzolari, health assistant at Louis M. Klein Middle School, effective Aug. 31.
• Mary Zimmerman, uniform and equipment manager at Harrison High School, effective July 27. Renata Pineua was appointed as Zimmerman’s temporary replacement.
• Lillian Rinchiera, senior systems analyst in the district office, effective Aug. 31.