HARRISON, N.Y. -- Fifth-grade students at Harrison's Parsons Elementary celebrated the Chinese New Year recently with a series of activities.
Students rang in the year 4712, the Year of the Horse, by learning to make Chinese dumplings and red cards with inspirational Chinese symbols.
The Chinese New Year, or the Spring Festival as it is referred to in China, is an important national holiday in the traditional Chinese Zodiac calendar. This year’s festivities began on Jan. 31 and lasted for fifteen days.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud