HARRISON, N.Y. -- Fifth-grade students at Harrison's Parsons Elementary celebrated the Chinese New Year recently with a series of activities.
Students rang in the year 4712, the Year of the Horse, by learning to make Chinese dumplings and red cards with inspirational Chinese symbols.
The Chinese New Year, or the Spring Festival as it is referred to in China, is an important national holiday in the traditional Chinese Zodiac calendar. This year’s festivities began on Jan. 31 and lasted for fifteen days.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Harrison, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Harrison
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Approves More Parking Restrictions In Crackdown On Train Commuters