HARRISON, N.Y. -- Fifth-grade students at Harrison's Parsons Elementary celebrated the Chinese New Year recently with a series of activities.
Students rang in the year 4712, the Year of the Horse, by learning to make Chinese dumplings and red cards with inspirational Chinese symbols.
The Chinese New Year, or the Spring Festival as it is referred to in China, is an important national holiday in the traditional Chinese Zodiac calendar. This year’s festivities began on Jan. 31 and lasted for fifteen days.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 Man Injured During 'Rollover' Accident Near Harrison-Rye Line
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Argument Leads To Stabbing At Galleria In White Plains