HARRISON, N.Y. -- Fifth-grade students at Harrison's Parsons Elementary celebrated the Chinese New Year recently with a series of activities.
Students rang in the year 4712, the Year of the Horse, by learning to make Chinese dumplings and red cards with inspirational Chinese symbols.
The Chinese New Year, or the Spring Festival as it is referred to in China, is an important national holiday in the traditional Chinese Zodiac calendar. This year’s festivities began on Jan. 31 and lasted for fifteen days.
- 1 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Purchase College Police Charge Student In Swastika Case
- 5 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say