HARRISON, N.Y. -- Fifth-grade students at Harrison's Parsons Elementary celebrated the Chinese New Year recently with a series of activities.
Students rang in the year 4712, the Year of the Horse, by learning to make Chinese dumplings and red cards with inspirational Chinese symbols.
The Chinese New Year, or the Spring Festival as it is referred to in China, is an important national holiday in the traditional Chinese Zodiac calendar. This year’s festivities began on Jan. 31 and lasted for fifteen days.
- 1 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 2 D'Agostino Closes Its Last Supermarket In Westchester
- 3 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 4 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd