HARRISON, N.Y. -- Fifth-grade students at Harrison's Parsons Elementary celebrated the Chinese New Year recently with a series of activities.
Students rang in the year 4712, the Year of the Horse, by learning to make Chinese dumplings and red cards with inspirational Chinese symbols.
The Chinese New Year, or the Spring Festival as it is referred to in China, is an important national holiday in the traditional Chinese Zodiac calendar. This year’s festivities began on Jan. 31 and lasted for fifteen days.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Harrison On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Harrison
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim