HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School recently celebrated the induction of 148 students into the National Foreign Language Honors Society.
The students were honored for their performances in the school's International Baccalaureate courses in French, Italian, Spanish and Latin. Thirteen students were inducted into the French chapter, 31 into the Italian chapter, 90 into the Spanish chapter and 14 into the Latin chapter.
The induction ceremony was officiated by Francesco Fratto, Harrison's new director of Languages Other than English/English as a Second Language. The evening included student reflections, the lighting of candles by students and faculty, ceremonial recitation of oaths for each language and musical performances.
Click here to see a complete list of all the Harrison High School students inducted into the National Foreign Language Honors Society.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Bar Scuffle Puts Harrison Police, Town Board At Odds
- 3 Harrison Woman Walks In Memory Of Son Who Died Of Cancer
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Harrison's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend