HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School recently celebrated the induction of 148 students into the National Foreign Language Honors Society.
The students were honored for their performances in the school's International Baccalaureate courses in French, Italian, Spanish and Latin. Thirteen students were inducted into the French chapter, 31 into the Italian chapter, 90 into the Spanish chapter and 14 into the Latin chapter.
The induction ceremony was officiated by Francesco Fratto, Harrison's new director of Languages Other than English/English as a Second Language. The evening included student reflections, the lighting of candles by students and faculty, ceremonial recitation of oaths for each language and musical performances.
Click here to see a complete list of all the Harrison High School students inducted into the National Foreign Language Honors Society.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 White Plains Office Assistant Posed As Dentist While Boss Was Away
- 4 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 5 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Harrison