HARRISON, N.Y. Two Harrison High School students and another from the School of the Holy Child were given the St. Michaels College Book Award for Academic Achievement with a Social Conscience.
Juniors Molly Cacase of Harrison, Julia McManus of Purchase and Gregory Sohanchyk of Harrison were given the award through St. Michaels College in Burlington, Vt. A press release from the college said the award is given to students who demonstrate a commitment to leadership in both volunteer service and academic achievement.
Besides a certificate, winners also are given a book by Loung Ung, a graduate of St. Michaels College in 1993. Titled, First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers which tells the firsthand account from a childs perspective about surviving a genocidal government in Cambodia.
In other college-related news :
- Caroline OConnor earned a bachelors degree in political science from Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colo. OConnor is the daughter of Harrison residents Lisa and Roderick OConnor.
- Caitlin DiBiccari of Harrison graduated from Salve Regina University in Newport, R.I. She also was named to the Deans List in her final semester.
- Western New England University named senior Joseph Hendler of Purchase and junior R.J. Suhre of Harrison to the Deans List for the spring semester.
- Gina Forbes of Harrison earned a masters degree from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. in public administration.
- Ariel Gasparre of Harrison earned a master's degree in education from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Conn.
- Danielle Scoli of Harrison was named to the spring semester Dean's List at Bryant University in Smithfield, R.I.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.