HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Jenna Lefkowitz was recently named a finalist for the National Merit Scholarship program.
More than 1.5 million high school students entered the National Merit program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. In September, about 50,000 of the initial applicants were notified that their high test scores had qualified them as either a Commended Student or a Semi Finalist in the program. Winners of the competition will be announced in May.
Senior Liliane Lindsay was named a National Merit Scholarship semifinalist. Seniors Benjamin Adler, Kiersten Colotti, Amanda Friedman, Danielle Mehlman, Julia Ng, and Michael Stella were notified last fall that they had received commendation from the National Merit organization.
Lefkowitz is an International Baccalaureate Diploma candidate who will graduate summa cum laude in June.
"Jenna is also an accomplished trumpet player where she is a section leader for the award winning Harrison High School Marching Band," school officials said. "She has performed as a Harrison High School jazz ensemble member and a soloist at the Berklee Jazz Festival and local jazz competitions."
- 1 Harrison High School Ranks Among New York State's Best
- 2 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Harrison; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Police Release More Photos Of Gun-Toting Woman Who Robbed Greenwich Bank
- 5 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck