HARRISON, N.Y. – Harrison residents can join Athletic Director Pat Seligman in saying well-done to the high school's student athletes.
Seligman's goal was for all 10 varsity fall teams to achieve scholar athlete status, and that designation has been granted by the New York State Public High School Athletic Association.
“This is absolutely phenomenal," Seligman told the Board of Education Wednesday night.
To qualify, the student athletes must have combined GPA averages of 90 or above. There is a minimum number of students needed in each sport, including 12 for soccer and seven for tennis. A total of 112 students qualified.
The highest average was 95.092 by the varsity girls soccer team.
The teams and their averages are as follows: cheerleading (90.55); field hockey (92.097); football (90.032); boys soccer (90.126); girls soccer (95.092); girls swimming (92.412); girls tennis (94.601); volleyball (90.582); boys cross country (94.31); girls cross country (94.42)
Seligman is hopeful that the winter and spring teams can have the same success on and off the field.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Harrison Wellness Center Signs Top Cosmetic Dermatologist
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Man, 34, Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI