HARRISON, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Nita Lowey (D- 17th District) recently paid a visit to Preston Elementary School in Harrison.
Lowey spoke to the student council as well as some of the student body to share her experiences as a female in government.
Lowey was invited by Preston Student Council President Jennifer Vukel and Corresponding Secretary Peyton Gartner, who wrote the representative a letter.
Lowey spent more than an hour with the students who had spent weeks researching Lowey’s legislative agenda and leadership positions. The students asked complex questions about securing federal funds to help clean up the Long Island Sound and the Hudson River, education initiatives, transportation bills, and health care research.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Harrison On Wednesday
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale