HARRISON, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Nita Lowey (D- 17th District) recently paid a visit to Preston Elementary School in Harrison.
Lowey spoke to the student council as well as some of the student body to share her experiences as a female in government.
Lowey was invited by Preston Student Council President Jennifer Vukel and Corresponding Secretary Peyton Gartner, who wrote the representative a letter.
Lowey spent more than an hour with the students who had spent weeks researching Lowey’s legislative agenda and leadership positions. The students asked complex questions about securing federal funds to help clean up the Long Island Sound and the Hudson River, education initiatives, transportation bills, and health care research.
- 1 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Manhattanville College Hosts Press Conference On Combating Sexual Assaults
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says