HARRISON, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Nita Lowey (D- 17th District) recently paid a visit to Preston Elementary School in Harrison.
Lowey spoke to the student council as well as some of the student body to share her experiences as a female in government.
Lowey was invited by Preston Student Council President Jennifer Vukel and Corresponding Secretary Peyton Gartner, who wrote the representative a letter.
Lowey spent more than an hour with the students who had spent weeks researching Lowey’s legislative agenda and leadership positions. The students asked complex questions about securing federal funds to help clean up the Long Island Sound and the Hudson River, education initiatives, transportation bills, and health care research.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line