HARRISON, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Nita Lowey (D- 17th District) recently paid a visit to Preston Elementary School in Harrison.
Lowey spoke to the student council as well as some of the student body to share her experiences as a female in government.
Lowey was invited by Preston Student Council President Jennifer Vukel and Corresponding Secretary Peyton Gartner, who wrote the representative a letter.
Lowey spent more than an hour with the students who had spent weeks researching Lowey’s legislative agenda and leadership positions. The students asked complex questions about securing federal funds to help clean up the Long Island Sound and the Hudson River, education initiatives, transportation bills, and health care research.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Harrison
- 5 Snow Likely In Harrison On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year