WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Harrison Luncheonette Owner Credits Loyal Customers As Key To Success
- 2 Harrison Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says