WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud