WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Harrison High School Ranks Among New York State's Best
- 2 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Harrison; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Police Release More Photos Of Gun-Toting Woman Who Robbed Greenwich Bank
- 5 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck