HARRISON, N.Y. – DeCicco’s FoodMarket in Harrison is grateful Super Bowl weekend has arrived thanks to the increase in sales.
“We’re getting a lot of orders for heroes and wings,” said store manager Tighe Rubinstein. “The Super Bowl’s a big party weekend. It’s a really good food party type of celebration similar to New Year’s Eve and those types of holidays – big food weekend, big beer weekend.”
Sunday’s matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens will be watched by about 100 million in homes, bars and at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. For those partying at home, DeCicco’s is offering deals on heroes.
They include a three-foot Italian or American hero for $39 or a two-foot Italian or American hero for $24.99. The other two heroes being offered are chicken cutlet and eggplant.
Rubinstein was looking forward to the continued increase in sales this weekend.
“The closer we get, the busier it’ll be with the beer and the chips and the dips and everything that goes with it,” he said.
When it comes to the big game, Rubinstein does not have preference on who wins because his favorite team, the New York Giants, is not in it. He is hoping for a close, competitive game.
- 1 Harrison Luncheonette Owner Credits Loyal Customers As Key To Success
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Harrison Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says