HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison High School girls spring track and field team made history again this season by winning the Section 1 Class B Championships – adding to their Section 1 Class B Championship in the winter season.
The HHS Girls team scored 109 points, beating perennial powerhouse Pearl River, which scored 90, and beat a strong field of 20 competitive schools.
Harrison athletes who placed in the top six in their events and scored valuable points for the team were:
- Girls 100-meter -- Jia Luo, first place, Section 1 Class B Champion.
- Girls 200-meter -- Jia Luo, second place (school record).
- Girls Long Jump -- Jia Luo, first place, Section 1 Class B Champion.
- Girls Triple Jump -- Emily Dugoff, first place, Section 1 Class B Champion (school record).
- Girls 4-by-400 Relay -- Erica LaManna, Marisa Gazzola, Christine Cardascia, and Jia Luo, first place, Section 1 Class B Champions.
The HHS boys spring track and field team finished in eighth place in the section.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.