HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison High School Girls Varsity Indoor Track and Field team had two strong finishes at recent meets.
The girls placed third in comparable schools at the Indoor Westchester County Track and Field Championships. The team, which placed 13th overall, had one of its best Team performances this season, according to Coach Dominic Zanot. The team established 14 new personal records and one school record during the competition.
The Girls also placed fifth at the Hurley-Quinney Invitational at Cornell University against competitors from Section 2 (Albany area), Section 4 (Binghamton area) and Section 6 (Buffalo area).
The following are individual results from the two meets:
Westchester County Championships
- Triple Jump: 2nd Place – Rula Samad (New School Record), 9th Place – Michelle Aguirre
- Long Jump: 6th Place – Samantha Shopovick, 8th Place – Erica LaManna
- 55m Hurdles: 8th Place – Erica LaManna (Personal Record), 9th Place – Rula Samad
- 4 x 200 Relay: 4th Place – Sam Shopovick, Erica LaManna, Marisa Gazzola, Rula Samad (Personal Record by 3 seconds)
- 4 x 400 Relay: 7th Place – Michelle Aguirre, Jia Luo, Nadia Gonzalez, Ella Eisinger (Personal Record by 6 seconds)
- 55m Hurdles: 1st Place – Rula Samad, 6th Place – Erica LaManna
- 600m Run: 1st Place – Michelle Aguirre
- Triple Jump: 1st Place – Rula Samad, 6th Place – Michelle Aguirre
- Long Jump: 5th Place – Erica LaManna
- 4 x 200m Relay: 1st Place – Sam Shopovick, Erica LaManna, Renata Diniz, Rula Samad
- 4 x 400 Relay: 6th Place – Nadia Gonzalez, Divya Molakala, Michelle Aguirre, Lea Sarmiento
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.