HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison High School Girls and Boys Indoor Winter Track teams captured the 2016 League II Championship.
This marks an 8th League Championship for the Boys team and the 7th League Championship for the Girls team in the past 10 years.The Boys finished with a score of 166, ahead of Rye with 97 and Byram Hills with 84.
The Girls scored 191 points to finish in first place, with Byram Hills finishing in second place with 129 and Rye with 106.Here are the Individual League champions:
- 4 x 400 Relay: Marisa Gazzola, Christine Cardascia, Nadia Gonzalez, Liz Marino
- 4 x 200 Relay: Julia Provino, Caitlin Alcoba, Madison Nusca, Elisa Arcara
- 600m: Liz Marino High Jump Christine Cardascia Long Jump Emily Dugoff Triple Jump Emily Dugoff
- 4 x 400 Relay: Matt Konigsberg, Ellery Rajagopal, Doug Dorado, Peter Burkhardt
- 3200m Ricky Harris Pole Vault Loukas Glover
- 55m Hurdles Matt Konigsberg
- 300m Matt Konigsberg 1000m Peter Burkhardt
- Triple Jump Ian Santiago
“We, as coaches, are extremely proud of the commitment to improvement from every member of the team," said Coach Dominic Zanot. “Our Harrison athletes brought a team environment to an “individual” sport and this team environment produced over 60 personal record performances.”