HARRISON, N.Y. – Two local rowers joined forces Tuesday to earn a berth on the United States team that will compete in the World Rowing Junior Championships next month in Hamburg, Germany.
Liliane Lindsay of Harrison and Meghan Galloway of Ridgefield, Conn., and swept the women’s pair races at the Junior World Trials in Mercer Lake in New Jersey. Galloway rows for the Connecticut Boat Club, which is based in Norwalk.
Lindsay and Galloway posted a time of 7:45.28 in Tuesday’s second final, winning the race by about 20 seconds. Both girls were also members of the women’s eight that competed at the 2013 World Rowing Junior Championships.
“Coming off of a less-than stellar result at worlds last year, I think we’re both eager to get back out there and show what we can do,” Lindsay said.
- 1 Voters Say Purchase Free Library Should Not Be Evicted From Community House
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 Resident Escapes After Ammo Explodes In Rye Brook Fire
- 5 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Harrison