WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. — The Section 1 Class A Football Championship semifinal between Harrison and Somers has been moved to Saturday as a result of Hurricane Sandy.
The game between the two 8-0 teams had been scheduled for Tuesday. However, Section 1 Football Chairman Chuck Scarpulla moved this game, as well as the other Class A semifinal, Sleepy Hollow-Brewster, to Saturday. No times were set for either game.
With the two Class A games now set for Saturday, the Class AA, Class B, Class C and Class D championship games have been moved to Sunday at Mahopac.
The Class D title game will open the quadrupleheader at 10 a.m., with Tuckahoe playing Haldane. Woodlands and Rye Neck follow at 1 p.m. in the Class C final. New Rochelle and North Rockland renew their Class AA-ttile-game rivalry at 4 p.m. And the Class B final is in prime time as Pleasantville lines up against Our Lady of Lourdes at 7 p.m.
The Class A championship game is now scheduled for Wednesday at Mahopac High School.
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 Harrison High School Ranks Among New York State's Best
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Storm System Departs Harrison, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Harrison