WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. — The Section 1 Class A Football Championship semifinal between Harrison and Somers has been moved to Saturday as a result of Hurricane Sandy.
The game between the two 8-0 teams had been scheduled for Tuesday. However, Section 1 Football Chairman Chuck Scarpulla moved this game, as well as the other Class A semifinal, Sleepy Hollow-Brewster, to Saturday. No times were set for either game.
With the two Class A games now set for Saturday, the Class AA, Class B, Class C and Class D championship games have been moved to Sunday at Mahopac.
The Class D title game will open the quadrupleheader at 10 a.m., with Tuckahoe playing Haldane. Woodlands and Rye Neck follow at 1 p.m. in the Class C final. New Rochelle and North Rockland renew their Class AA-ttile-game rivalry at 4 p.m. And the Class B final is in prime time as Pleasantville lines up against Our Lady of Lourdes at 7 p.m.
The Class A championship game is now scheduled for Wednesday at Mahopac High School.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 Harrison's Manhattanville Dance Concert Starts Nov. 20