HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison's James Deutmeyer is setting pole vaulting records at Fordham Preparatory School.
The senior cleared 16 feet at Eastern States, the oldest indoor high school meet in the country at the New Balance Armory in NYC where he became the second highest pole vaulter in the state heading into the New York State Public School Athletic Association Indoor Track and Field Championship this Saturday at Cornell University, school officials said. He also broke his own school record that was previously 15 feet 9 inches.
Deutmeyer placed second to Todd Uckermark of Warwick High School who also cleared 16 feet in fewer attempts. The two will compete against each again at states.
- 1 Harrison High Grads 'Are Braver Than You Believe, Smarter Than You Think'
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway