HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison's James Deutmeyer is setting pole vaulting records at Fordham Preparatory School.
The senior cleared 16 feet at Eastern States, the oldest indoor high school meet in the country at the New Balance Armory in NYC where he became the second highest pole vaulter in the state heading into the New York State Public School Athletic Association Indoor Track and Field Championship this Saturday at Cornell University, school officials said. He also broke his own school record that was previously 15 feet 9 inches.
Deutmeyer placed second to Todd Uckermark of Warwick High School who also cleared 16 feet in fewer attempts. The two will compete against each again at states.
- 1 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 2 Jeanine Pirro's Home In Harrison Listed By Coldwell Banker Agent
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Purchase's Joe Girardi Adds App Designer To His Resume
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Harrison