HARRISON, N.Y. – Harrison High School dialed up the pressure in the fourth quarter Thursday and it resulted in the Huskies opening the season with a win.
Harrison rallied from a third-quarter deficit to defeat Saunders Trades and Technical High School (Yonkers), 43-39 in a first-round game of the Harrison Basketball Tournament.
The Huskies will play Carmel in the final at 3 p.m., Saturday. Saunders meets John F, Kennedy Catholic High School of Somers in the consolation game at 11 a.m.
Freshman Jessica Scazzaro, in her varsity debut, had a team-high 14 points, including 8 of 8 from the free-throw line, and eight rebounds. Kyle Lefkowitz finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds and Paige Brabant added 10 points.
“We applied more pressure in the fourth quarter, which worked to our advantage,” Harrison coach Louis Kail said. “We also made a ton of free throws.”
Harrison trailed 31-28 through three quarters, but outscored Saunders, 15-8 in the fourth.
“We are very happy with Jessica’s performance for she gives us a huge boost off the bench,” Kail said. “We’re a young team still learning how to win close games. Kyle and Paige did a great job leading our team to victory.”
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Harrison Woman Walks In Memory Of Son Who Died Of Cancer
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Bar Scuffle Puts Harrison Police, Town Board At Odds
- 5 Harrison's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend