HARRISON, N.Y. – Harrison High School dialed up the pressure in the fourth quarter Thursday and it resulted in the Huskies opening the season with a win.
Harrison rallied from a third-quarter deficit to defeat Saunders Trades and Technical High School (Yonkers), 43-39 in a first-round game of the Harrison Basketball Tournament.
The Huskies will play Carmel in the final at 3 p.m., Saturday. Saunders meets John F, Kennedy Catholic High School of Somers in the consolation game at 11 a.m.
Freshman Jessica Scazzaro, in her varsity debut, had a team-high 14 points, including 8 of 8 from the free-throw line, and eight rebounds. Kyle Lefkowitz finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds and Paige Brabant added 10 points.
“We applied more pressure in the fourth quarter, which worked to our advantage,” Harrison coach Louis Kail said. “We also made a ton of free throws.”
Harrison trailed 31-28 through three quarters, but outscored Saunders, 15-8 in the fourth.
“We are very happy with Jessica’s performance for she gives us a huge boost off the bench,” Kail said. “We’re a young team still learning how to win close games. Kyle and Paige did a great job leading our team to victory.”
- 1 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash