MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Mamaroneck High School opens its quest for the Section 1 Division I Hockey Championship at 8:20 p.m. Tuesday.
The third-seeded Tigers host the sixth-seeded Titans of Ryetown/Harrison in a quarterfinal-round game at the Hommocks Ice Rink. This is the two teams' first meeting of the season.
The winner advances to the semis Thursday against the No. 7 Lakeland/Panas-No. 2 Somers/North Salem victor.
Mamaroneck, 14-7 this season, had a first-round bye. The Tigers are riding a three-game winning streak and have won nine of their 11 games played in the 2013 calendar year.
Trey Herlitz-Ferguson and Peter Conley lead the Tigers in scoring with 33 and 32 points. Goalie Tom Brill enters the game with a 3.20 goals-against average.
The Titans, 11-7-2 this season, opened the Section 1 Championships with a 4-1 win over Mahopac. The Titans have won three of their last four games, including victories over second- and third-seeds Rye and Horace Greeley, in the Section 1 Division II Championship.
Ian Bass leads the Titans in scoring with 22 points, and Ryan Morningstar has 14. Goalie Brian Ketchabaw owns a 2.88 goals-against average.
- 1 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 Harrison Mayor Reflects On Hochman Tragedy, Town Events
- 4 Brothers Sentenced In Robbery Spree That Included Harrison
- 5 Harrison Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm