MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Mamaroneck High School opens its quest for the Section 1 Division I Hockey Championship at 8:20 p.m. Tuesday.
The third-seeded Tigers host the sixth-seeded Titans of Ryetown/Harrison in a quarterfinal-round game at the Hommocks Ice Rink. This is the two teams' first meeting of the season.
The winner advances to the semis Thursday against the No. 7 Lakeland/Panas-No. 2 Somers/North Salem victor.
Mamaroneck, 14-7 this season, had a first-round bye. The Tigers are riding a three-game winning streak and have won nine of their 11 games played in the 2013 calendar year.
Trey Herlitz-Ferguson and Peter Conley lead the Tigers in scoring with 33 and 32 points. Goalie Tom Brill enters the game with a 3.20 goals-against average.
The Titans, 11-7-2 this season, opened the Section 1 Championships with a 4-1 win over Mahopac. The Titans have won three of their last four games, including victories over second- and third-seeds Rye and Horace Greeley, in the Section 1 Division II Championship.
Ian Bass leads the Titans in scoring with 22 points, and Ryan Morningstar has 14. Goalie Brian Ketchabaw owns a 2.88 goals-against average.
- 1 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Manhattanville College Hosts Press Conference On Combating Sexual Assaults
- 5 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three