MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon High School graduate Isaiah Cousins and the No. 5 seed Oklahoma Sooners were upset in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thursday in an 80-75 loss to No. 12 North Dakota State in Buffalo.
Cousins, a sophomore guard, scored 17 points and made two free throws to give the Sooners at 62-61 lead with 1:30 remaining in the game after they had trailed all of the second half.
The former Knights star made one of two free throws with 26 seconds remaining for a 66-63 Sooners lead but North Dakota recovered to tie the game at 70-70 to get to overtime.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd