NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Mayor Michael Bloomberg canceled Sunday's ING New York City Marathon on Friday evening because parts of the city were still suffering from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, several news outlets reported.
Bloomberg originally said the race would not have diverted resources from storm recovery, but the decision to run the race had drawn considerable criticism. Read the rest of NBC News' story.
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Harrison Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency
- 5 Storm System Departs Harrison, Snow Could Return Thursday