PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Three players scored at least four goals as the Pace University men's lacrosse team gained its first win of the season which topped Dominican 19-9 at the Torne Valley Sports Complex in Hillburn, N.Y.
Senior Williams Scioscia scored six goals and assisted on two others for an eight-point day. Fellow senior Matt Gebhardt had four goals and six assists. Freshman Robert Maddia also scored four times.
The Setters jumped out to a 4-0 lead less than nine minutes in as Gebhardt scored three times while sophomore Jeremy Koch also blasted home a shot during that stretch.
It was Pace's highest scoring output in more than five years. Faceoffs were also a big key for the Pace, which won 23 of 31 draws.
The Setters take on Southern New Hampshire at home on Saturday, March 22 at noon.
For a behind-the-scenes look at the Pace lacrosse team, click here.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 More Than 1,000 Attend Slain Sisters' Funeral In Harrison
- 2 Bishop Asks Harrison To Recall Hochman Sisters' Goodness At Funeral
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48