WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Only four teams remain in the Section 1 Class C girls' basketball playoffs as the semifinals take place Tuesday at the Westchester County Center.
Which of the four remaining teams in the girls basketball Section 1 Class C playoffs will win the championship?View Results
Which of the four remaining teams in the girls basketball Section 1 Class C playoffs will win the championship?
The top four seeds in the tournament all reached the County Center this year. No. 2 Haldane will face No. 3 Palisade Prep in the first semifinal game at 3 p.m. Haldane routed No. 7 Yonkers Montessori, 67-13, in the quarterfinals, while Palisade Prep beat Tuckahoe, 36-20.
Alexander Hamilton is the top seed in the tournament and the fourth-ranked team in Class C in New York in the latest New York State Sportswriters Association rankings. Hamilton will face No. 4 Keio in the semifinals at 4:45 p.m.
Hamilton had a first-round bye and automatically reached the County Center, while Keio beat No. 5 Solomon Schechter, 37-11, in the quarterfinals.
The winners of the two semifinal games will play for the section championship March 3.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Harrison
- 3 Three New Harrison Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan