ELMSFORD, N.Y. – Section 1 administrators plan to meet Wednesday morning to confirm scheduling of Section 1 Class A high school football semifinal championship games between Somers and Harrison and Sleepy Hollow and Brewster, as well as other local games.
The Class A semifinals originally scheduled for Tuesday were postponed due to Hurricane Sandy and the closing of schools. The games are are currently set for Thursday at Harrison and Brewster, but officials and coaches are concerned that teams have not practiced at all this week.
The section has not decided whether it will reschedule the Class AA, B and D championship finals originally set for Saturday and Sunday to accommodate the outcome of the Class A games. The Class A championship is currently set for Monday.
If the playoff schools are not in session on Wednesday and cannot practice, the Class A semifinals could even be pushed to Friday and the championship to next Tuesday.
- 1 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 Brothers Sentenced In Robbery Spree That Included Harrison
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison
- 5 Harrison Mayor Reflects On Hochman Tragedy, Town Events