WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – The Section 1 Volleyball Championship finals scheduled Wednesday at Hendrick Hudson and Arlington high schools have been postponed due to the Nor’easter expected Wednesday afternoon.
Section 1 Volleyball chairwomen and Hen Hud coach Diane Swertfager said the finals have been rescheduled for Thursday at both sites.
The champions will turn around and play in regional semifinals Friday.
The Class A final will be played at 4:30 p.m. at Hen Hud. Ursuline, fresh off of a five-set win over Ossining, will be making its second consecutive trip to the Class A title match. The Koalas will play Walter Panas.
The Class AA championship match at 6:30 p.m. at Hen Hud, will have John Jay-East Fishkill playing Clarkstown South.
Arlington will be the site for the Class B, Class C and Class D finals. The Class C final, between Croton and John F. Kennedy Catholic, and Class D title match, between Haldane and Keio, will both be at 4:30 p.m. in separate gyms. The Class B final is at 6:30 p.m., with defending champion and state finalist Pelham playing Hen Hud. The teams met in the 2009 and 2010 finals, with Hen Hud winning. Last year, Pelham defeated Hen Hud in the semifinals.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Bar Scuffle Puts Harrison Police, Town Board At Odds
- 3 Harrison Woman Walks In Memory Of Son Who Died Of Cancer
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Harrison's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend