PURCHASE, N.Y. – People attending Wednesday's Manhattanville women’s basketball game against New York University are asked to bring an unwrapped toy and something to be autographed, too, as basketball legends will be in attendance.
Former New York Knick John Starks and Women's National Basketball Association star Kym Hampton will sign autographs prior to the 7 p.m. game.
“We’re excited to have the guests of their credibility at our game and get the name of Manhattanville Athletics out there,” senior captain Jennifer McSharar said in a press release from the college.
The Manhattanville Sports Business Management graduate program is collaborating with the athletic department on the event.
“We’re excited that we can be the platform to raise awareness of athletics and give back to the community at the same time,” senior guard and co-captain Taylor Wilson said in the press release.
Every fan who brings a toy, for Westchester County youth groups, will receive a free raffle ticket. The prizes up for grabs are gift certificates, autograph memorabilia and Madison Square Garden event tickets, the press release said.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police