ELMSFORD, N.Y. — The impending impact of Hurricane Sandy has closed most of the Westchester public schools and with that postponed Tuesday's Section 1 Class A semifinal games, including Somers at Harrison and Sleepy Hollow at Brewster.
According to Section 1 football Chairman Chuck Scarpulla, if any school involved is closed Wednesday in the storm's aftermath, the games will be moved to Thursday. The semifinal winners are scheduled to play each other Sunday at Mahopac High School.
If the games are pushed to Thursday, the final will be played Monday, Nov. 5, to allow four days between the games.
The other three Section 1 championship games remain scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at Mahopac, pending the aftermath of the storm.
- 1 Harrison Residents Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Quenas In Harrison Reviewed By The New York Times
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed