ELMSFORD, N.Y. — The impending impact of Hurricane Sandy has closed most of the Westchester public schools and with that postponed Tuesday's Section 1 Class A semifinal games, including Somers at Harrison and Sleepy Hollow at Brewster.
According to Section 1 football Chairman Chuck Scarpulla, if any school involved is closed Wednesday in the storm's aftermath, the games will be moved to Thursday. The semifinal winners are scheduled to play each other Sunday at Mahopac High School.
If the games are pushed to Thursday, the final will be played Monday, Nov. 5, to allow four days between the games.
The other three Section 1 championship games remain scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at Mahopac, pending the aftermath of the storm.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 3 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach