ELMSFORD, N.Y. — The impending impact of Hurricane Sandy has closed most of the Westchester public schools and with that postponed Tuesday's Section 1 Class A semifinal games, including Somers at Harrison and Sleepy Hollow at Brewster.
According to Section 1 football Chairman Chuck Scarpulla, if any school involved is closed Wednesday in the storm's aftermath, the games will be moved to Thursday. The semifinal winners are scheduled to play each other Sunday at Mahopac High School.
If the games are pushed to Thursday, the final will be played Monday, Nov. 5, to allow four days between the games.
The other three Section 1 championship games remain scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at Mahopac, pending the aftermath of the storm.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Harrison On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Harrison
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim