ELMSFORD, N.Y. — The impending impact of Hurricane Sandy has closed most of the Westchester public schools and with that postponed Tuesday's Section 1 Class A semifinal games, including Somers at Harrison and Sleepy Hollow at Brewster.
According to Section 1 football Chairman Chuck Scarpulla, if any school involved is closed Wednesday in the storm's aftermath, the games will be moved to Thursday. The semifinal winners are scheduled to play each other Sunday at Mahopac High School.
If the games are pushed to Thursday, the final will be played Monday, Nov. 5, to allow four days between the games.
The other three Section 1 championship games remain scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at Mahopac, pending the aftermath of the storm.
- 1 Harrison Man Sues White Plains Bar In Fatal DWI Crash
- 2 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 3 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 4 Manhattanville Students Support Bruce Jenner's Sex Change
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says