WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Section 1 field hockey, soccer and football championship games resume Saturday in Westchester following delays from Hurricane Sandy. Volleyball returns Monday.
Field hockey, boys and girls soccer and volleyball pick up with quarterfinal games. All sectional games this week had been postponed.
Section 1 Class A football returns with two semifinal games. Harrison hosts Somers at 2 p.m. in a match-up of undefeated teams (8-0). The other semifinal features Sleepy Hollow, 7-1, playing at undefeated Brewster at 2:30 p.m.
Mahopac High School hosts the Section 1 Class AA, Class B, Class C and Class D football championships Sunday. The Class D final between Haldane and Tuckahoe kicks things off at 10 a.m.
Section 1 Volleyball Chairman Diane Swertfager said the finals are scheduled for Wednesday at Hendrick Hudson and Arlington High Schools. Hen Hud will host the Class A (4:30 p.m.) and Class AA (7 p.m.) finals, while Class B (4:30 p.m.), Class C (6 p.m.) and Class D (4:30 p.m.) will be at Arlington.
The field hockey finals, originally scheduled for Valhalla, had to be moved because of damage to the lights and will be held at a site to be determined.
The boys and girls soccer finals are scheduled for Wednesday at a site to be determined.
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Harrison, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester