WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Section 1 field hockey, soccer and football championship games resume Saturday in Westchester following delays from Hurricane Sandy. Volleyball returns Monday.
Field hockey, boys and girls soccer and volleyball pick up with quarterfinal games. All sectional games this week had been postponed.
Section 1 Class A football returns with two semifinal games. Harrison hosts Somers at 2 p.m. in a match-up of undefeated teams (8-0). The other semifinal features Sleepy Hollow, 7-1, playing at undefeated Brewster at 2:30 p.m.
Mahopac High School hosts the Section 1 Class AA, Class B, Class C and Class D football championships Sunday. The Class D final between Haldane and Tuckahoe kicks things off at 10 a.m.
Section 1 Volleyball Chairman Diane Swertfager said the finals are scheduled for Wednesday at Hendrick Hudson and Arlington High Schools. Hen Hud will host the Class A (4:30 p.m.) and Class AA (7 p.m.) finals, while Class B (4:30 p.m.), Class C (6 p.m.) and Class D (4:30 p.m.) will be at Arlington.
The field hockey finals, originally scheduled for Valhalla, had to be moved because of damage to the lights and will be held at a site to be determined.
The boys and girls soccer finals are scheduled for Wednesday at a site to be determined.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 White Plains Office Assistant Posed As Dentist While Boss Was Away
- 4 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 5 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Harrison