SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- As 2018 begins, we wanted to share this: the more insurance agents know about their clients, the better they can serve them.
The reason is simple. The more agents know about your life and the things you value most, the more they can educate you on the best choice for your insurance portfolio.
For example, are you traveling more frequently? Did you get married this year? Or have a baby? If you are already a parent, has your child gotten their driver’s license or gone off to college? Are you ready to up or downsize your home? Did you move? Have you purchased any fun toys, like a boat or snowmobile? Did your business grow?
Any events that occurred during 2017 could have an effect on your insurance. Below is a list of questions related to your home, auto and business insurance that are designed to start a conversation.
If you own a CAR…
Tell your insurance agent if:
• A teenager is learning to drive for the first time.
• Your teen driver has a GPA of 3.0 or above.
• A child owns their own vehicle and purchased their own insurance policy.
• A child went away to college.
• You sold an automobile to a family member.
• Someone in your family took a defensive driving course.
If you own a HOME…
Here is a list of questions to get you thinking:
• Is someone in your home traveling more frequently?
• Did you add a Central Station Fire/Burglar Alarm?
• What about a Whole House Water Leak Detection System?
• Has your property value increased or decreased dramatically?
• Have you done any home renovations?
• Did you add pieces to your jewelry, art or wine collections?
If you own a BUSINESS…
Contact your insurance agent if any of the following occurrences have taken place in 2017:
• You’ve had an increase in sales.
• Your business has expanded.
• You’ve done property renovations.
• You have purchased new equipment.
• You have hired new employees.
• You have experienced a data breach or have any reason to believe a cyber breach is possible.
If it’s been a while since someone took a look at your insurance policy, let the Insurance Specialists at Advocate Brokerage do a no obligation review of your insurance. The results may surprise you.