HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Central School District recognized the Harrison High School spring varsity athletic teams on Monday, as all nine teams achieved Scholar-Athlete team status this past year.
The award criteria is set by the New York State Public High School Athletic Association, in which teams earning a cumulative grade point average of 90 and higher are honored as a “Scholar-Athlete Team.” This is the 24th year of the NYSPHSAA Scholar-Athlete program.
The district recognized the following teams and coaches for their outstanding performance both on the field and in the classroom:
- Varsity Baseball – Marco DiRuocco,
- CoachVarsity Softball – Dean Marino, CoachVarsity
- Boys Lacrosse – Edgar Glascott, Coach
- Varsity Girls Lacrosse – Caitlin Rooney, Coach
- Varsity Boys Tennis – Quan Huynh, Coach
- Varsity Boys Golf – Phil DiGioia, Coach
- Varsity Girls Golf – Wendy Swenson, Coach
- Varsity Boys Track & Field – Dominic Zanot, Coach
- Varsity Girls Track & Field – Dominic Zanot, Coach
Harrison High School has had 97 percent of its varsity athlete teams achieve this prestigious recognition in the last three years.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.