Street closures over the weekend are expected to impact businesses and residents alike, as the city prepares for the 26th annual Riverfest.
The Yonkers Police Department issued an alert warning that beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15, several roadways will be closed until Riverfest ends sometime between 10 p.m. and midnight.
Temporary “no parking” signs will be posted in the area, cautioning motorists to move to the next spot, or risk being towed. Those “no parking” signs are expected to be posted tonight, and will go into effect at approximately 11 p.m. on Friday.
Police warned that residents of Pierpointe Street and Water Grant Street will not be able to travel by vehicle north to Main Street for the entire event, so commuters have been advised to plan ahead accordingly. Alexander Street will remain open north of Main Street, only for local traffic.
The streets that will be closed include (see maps above):
- Main Street from Warburton Avenue to the River, including the Tear Drop in front of X2O;
- Water Grant Street & Pierpointe Street will have no vehicular access north of the Waterfront Amphitheater;
- Buena Vista Avenue from Main Street to Dock Street;
- River Street from Dock Street to Wells Avenue;
- Dock Street from Warburton Avenue to River Street;
- Atherton Street;
- Bashford Street;
- Nepperhan Street, and;
- Market Place.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.